FERPA Waiver


In compliance with the Federal Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, the University is prohibited from providing certain information from your student records to a third party, such as information on class schedule, grades, student accounts, discipline records, official transcripts and other student record information. This restriction applies, but is not limited, to your parents/legal guardian, your spouse or a sponsor. 

You may, at your discretion, grant the University permission to release information to a third party by submitting a completed FERPA Waiver and Student Information Release Authorization form. Your records will be made available only if the authorized third party can provide the personal code you have created below. Anyone who calls or visits the University and provides the code will be given access to the information selected; therefore, it is of the utmost importance that you safeguard this code.

The University does not automatically send/provide information to a third party. The University will verify your information and the third party’s identity by the information you release on this form.

NOTE: A separate release of information form must be completed for records maintained by the Student Health Center and the Counseling Center. These records are covered by a different federal law, HIPAA.

As a student, you have the ability to select specific third party designees to have access to your student records and the types of information you wish to be provided.
The types of protected information you may choose to release are:

A. Academic information (e.g. grades and class schedule)
B. Student account/cashier information (e.g. amount due on a bill)
C. Financial aid information (e.g. scholarship and loan amounts)

PLEASE NOTE: By completing this form you are simply allowing representatives of the University to verbally provide the information you have selected to your specified designees. This release form does not allow the University to provide any written documentation (e.g. transcripts) nor does it allow the third party designee(s) to represent the student in any University related situation (e.g. grade appeals, financial appeals, etc.)

Who can request this service?

  • Students


Complete Request Form


Service ID: 50768
Thu 8/5/21 11:52 AM
Fri 2/18/22 4:43 PM